Okay, after a long hiatus (nearly two years) I am rejuvenating these postings in hopes that I feel rejuvenated!
Dee and I went to a healthy life seminar at church last night, and we are both committed to giving it a try. It involves around a healthy diet, nutrition, exercise and your spiritual life. I won't go into details just yet, I'm mainly writing this to say that I hope it will be a new inspiration for both of us, even though the thrust in the group is on the men for now. The basic diet plan is the Mediterranean diet, which they said was similar to the South Beach Diet. And by diet they really mean lifestyle and maintaining healthy eating habits over the long haul, not weight loss. Although in the short term that will continue to be my goal.
Journaling is another thing they recommended, and it occurred to me that I already have this little blog going that's been inactive ..
I am training for a half-marathon right now on Nov. 28 in Seattle. My weight this morning was 190.5 pounds. I would like to lose about 20 pounds in time for this run (ambitious but, based on past experience, doable if I'm disciplined).
After some nutritional advice last night Dee and I went to Freddy's and bought some things like almond butter, plain yogurt, fruit, Flax seeds and other stuff from the health food area. This morning I had a smoothie made of yogurt, blueberries, Flax seed, Agave and milk, plus a piece of whole wheat toast with peanut butter. Lunch was tomato soup, low sodium variety, and an apple. Tonight for dinner I had a small quantity of pot roast that we cooked in the crock all day with onions and carrots and a medium spinach salad with a light coating of cranberry dressing.
For exercise I ran five miles over lunch (Capital Lake route in Olympia) and this evening road the stationary bike (regular bike on wind trainer) for 35 minutes, working up quite a sweat, and used the rowing machine for 20 minutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment