A fire is a good analogy for weight management. Think of your body as a fire with a constant flame and food as a log. Just the right amount of fuel and the fire will burn crisp and bright. Too much wood will overcome the available flame and possibly put it out. The only way to overcome too much fuel is to exercise harder so the "flame" will burn brighter to compensate for the excess. But it's better to stoke the fire gradually with just the right amount of fuel rather than to have to consume more fuel.
Okay, you get the idea. The secret is to eat just the right amount so you don't have to burn it all off.
Too much food at work today! All that leftover stuff in the fridge, PLUS a group was using the adacent room and left behind some extra lunches, one of which I had. I did stop at Bally's this morning and did a half-hour on the elliptical, plus ran five over lunch - too nice not to go out. Tonight was a couple of slices of greasy Costco pizza and a beer so am now feeling a bit bloated.
Weight this a.m. was 202, so am doing well so far this week. If I can just stay on track I may break 200 by Saturday. Greg reports he's lost three more pounds which means he's eight pounds lighter than I. Oh well, this isn't a competition and it's good to know he's committed too.
Remembering tomorrow today.
Brian
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment