It's Sunday, January 13. Although I usually do a 5 mile jog about 5 times a week, I've started the New Year a little slack. In fact, it seems like my body has said no to what my cheerleading brain has been shouting - "lose some weight, now!".
I stepped on the scales this morning, as I do every day after my shower. The scales shouted back "197". I'd actually like to reverse those numbers, immediately, to 179. But, my real weight goal is about 170. I'm doing a video editing project, and have a nice video of myself at that weight, in 2004. I lost 60 pounds, from 225 to 165, in 2003. I've slowly worked my way (weigh?) back to 200, and it seems like I've been stuck around 195 for the last few years. At least I've kept some of it off.
I did manage to lose 20 pounds earlier this year for awhile, mainly to keep up with Brian, but now we're both in a sorry 200 pound state. We might as well call this the blubber blog.
So, my motivation for losing 30 pounds is the following:
1) General good health
2) The pending 30 year high school reunion, in August. In fact, maybe we should call this
the "30 for 30" diet.
3) The scientific study, of which I am a pretend member, that states that most people don't
keep their weight off after 5 years. Well, I'm going to prove those scientific monsters wrong!
4) Memories of chatting with those cute high school girls at the 25th reunion - I want to
continue to think that I'm aging well.
5) The general idea that I don't want to be the "fat twin". I'll let Brian have those honors,
although hopefully we can both be losers.
So, I woke up with a renewed goal, and hopefully we can blog our way to a blubberless weigh.
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment